If you can't checkout, you may see one of the following error messages. Take the following steps to resolve the issue you are experiencing:
Sorry the card number you have entered is invalid.
- Please make sure you are using a valid card type and entering the card number correctly and without spaces. Please also be aware that Iceland accepts Mastercard, Visa Credit, Visa Debit (UK registered cards only) and a valid PayPal account. We do not currently accept American Express cards.
The security code on your card is invalid.
- We ask for the security number from your payment card to prevent the fraudulent use of your account. On most cards, the security code is the last 3 digits printed on the signature strip.
Expiry date on your card is invalid.
- If your card expires at the end of the current month it may not verify on the site as it will expire before we take payment and we will not be able to verify your new card as it will not be activated until your current card expires.
The issue number you supplied is invalid.
- We only need issue numbers for Maestro cards, if your card is Visa or Mastercard please do not enter an issue number, just leave the box blank.
Your card has not been authorised
- There has been a problem authorising your card. We would advise you to contact your issuing bank to resolve this. If your card issuer cannot help then please refer to your web browser (e.g. Google Chrome, Safari) support. Delete your browsing history and clear any temporary internet files and cookies, in case these are causing the issue.